Make the most of your time as an au pair by learning French and discovering Paris!
Our programme adapts to your needs and availability: take French lessons from 8H to 10H/week.
Packages & prices
How to register
Change level: your teacher must have confirmed that your level does not match that of his/her class. Submit your request to your teacher.
- Change teacher: the Director of Studies will assign you another teacher. Please write an email at email@example.com.
- Change times: on condition that a course matching your level is available. This request should be submitted online: Mon Campus
We have several centres in Paris and at La Défense.
7, rue Duvergier, 75019 Paris (19th district). The closest Metro stop is the ""Crimée"" stop on line 7. Two other centres also look forward to welcoming you nearby.
LA DEFENSE: Les Collines de l'Arche, Building F, fourth floor, 92057 PARIS LA DEFENSE. Metro, T2, RER (suburban rail) and SNCF (French railways) Grande Arche / La Défense Exit A.
Yes, if there are places available for your level. The French test will precisely identify your ability level and together we will agree the times best suited to you.
Day classes: 9 AM / 11 AM / 2 PM / 4 PM
Evening classes: from 7 PM to 9 PM, 2 evenings per week.
No. Not unless you are a complete beginner*. The test enables us to assess your ability level and to propose a class suited to your linguistic requirements.
(*) You are a beginner if you have never studied French or if you have no knowledge of the French language (you only know a few words and a maximum of 2 or 3 phrases).
No, but we can provide you with the addresses of agencies we work with, including EuroPair, Fée Rêvée and Accueil International Services
You only have to pay the enrollment fee (€60) once a year.
You'll need to find your host family before coming to France. Several websites propose a database of families looking for Au Pair students.
You can also do this via an Au Pair agency, which will help you find a family, oversee your placement when you're in France and ensure that your stay with the host family proceeds satisfactorily. In the event of problems with the family they can help you find another. The agency costs are borne by the host family.
- On-site: by bankcard, in cash or by cheque
- Online: by bank card via our secure payment site
You will need to contact the French consulate in your country. The time required to obtain an appointment for a Schengen visa should not exceed 15 days (unless special circumstances apply, i.e. if it is the ""high season"" for example) and the time taken to issue one should not exceed 15 calendar days.
The person applying for the visa must provide the consular authorities with all necessary items of proof concerning the purpose of the envisaged stay and the related conditions (sufficient resources, accommodation which can be demonstrated by means of an accommodation certificate) and must ""supply all information making it possible to assess the applicant's willingness to leave the territory of the member states"".
It all depends on how hard you work, how much personal work you put in and to what extent you use French on a daily basis.
The length of the ability levels is variable. The higher the level, the longer it is. You need approximatively 3 months to complete A1 / A2 levels and 4 months to complete B1/B2 and C1 levels.
CAMPUS LANGUES proposes 5 levels of French classes.
These are based on the level scale defined by the CEFR which has 5 levels.
We have subdivided each level into three sub-levels to enable you to study in a uniform ability group perfectly suited to your linguistic requirements.
On average there are 18 students per class.
You'll need to supply us with a medical certificate that you are unable to attend the classes and the period of absence will then be deferred.
No, You registered for day-time classes, your place is booked for the payed weeks.
The diploma is issued by the teacher to students who attended at least 12 weeks of courses.
This is issued when you register for at least 12 weeks of courses. Please bring a photo with you.
This official document confirms your attendance of French classes. You should submit your request via MonCampus (http://moncampus.campuslangues.com/). You should create your account then use the request form. The certificate will be sent out to you by post within 2 weeks.
You can take these 2 weeks between 2 periods of paid teaching, we ask you to keep studying during your holidays in order to keep the same level as your group. If the difference of level between you and the group is too high, you might be placed in another group that better matches your level.
Our bank details will be sent by mail after your preregistration file will be validated.
PLEASE NOTE: all bank charges are at your cost.
1°) The host family must first obtain a placement application form for the placement of an Au Pair student as a home help from the foreign labour office at the DIRECCTE (Regional directorate for enterprises, competition, consumption, work and employment) for their place of residence.
2°) The family should submit this application to the same DIRECCTE office, accompanied by the following documents:
- A copy of the home help student's passport, which must be valid,
- A copy of the host family's livret de famille (official family record book ) including the children,
- A placement agreement with four original copies signed by the host family and a schedule showing the hours during which the prospective Au Pair will be available to the family,
- A copy of the registration certificate for the Au Pair programme at the CAMPUS Langues private institute (10h of classes per week for 1 year),
- A copy of the student's high school/secondary school leaving certificate translated into French and certified,
- A copy of the student's CV,
- A letter in support of the application from the host family,
- A letter in support of the application from the prospective Au Pair.
3°) After the submission of the complete application, the DIRECCTE will sign the placement agreements and will send back 3 copies to the host family.
4°) The family will then send two copies of the placement agreement to the trainee, which must imperatively include the one with the following wording:
NB: In all cases this agreement is only valid if presented to the French consulate in the country of origin in order to obtain the entry visa necessary to the issuing of the residence permit.
We recommend that you register 2 weeks before your classes start in order to reserve your place.
- You should live in Paris or in one of the towns in the suburbs easily accessible from Paris during the academic year (placements throughout France are possible during the summer)
- You should provide the trainee with a suitable, comfortable, private single bedroom
- At least one of the two parents must be of French nationality
- You must pay the costs of the medical cover for the young Au Pair boy/girl: accepting an Au Pair girl into your home requires a declaration to the URSSAF. The contributions are approximately €200 per month, which are not tax-deductible, enabling her to benefit from the social security system
- You should allow sufficient free time in the day to enable the Au Pair to attend French classes in the school of their choice (the cost of this will be borne by the Au Pair)
- You must sign a contract with the Au Pair boy/girl known as a Placement Agreement which must also be signed by the Direction Départementale pour le Travail, l’Emploi et la Formation Professionnelle -
Directorate for Work, Employment, and Professional Training - (original + photocopy). These formalities are carried out by the family or by the Au Pair agency.
- You should be between 18 and 30 years old and single
- You should have child-minding experience
- You should have a reasonable knowledge of the French language
- You should be available for a period of 6 to 12 months (with the possibility of summer placements for 2-3 months).
- If possible, you should be a non-smoker and have a driving licence
The home help placement (Au Pair placement) provides you with an opportunity to temporarily become part of a French family and to continue your studies with the aim of improving your language skills while also boosting your general knowledge of the country through greater familiarity with France and its people.
You will need to sign a contract with the family known as a Placement Agreement which must also be signed by the Direction Départementale pour le Travail, l’Emploi et la Formation Professionnelle – Directorate for Work, Employment, and Professional Training - (original + photocopy). These formalities are carried out by the family or by the Au Pair agency
The host family will propose the following for you:
- Accommodation in a single bedroom and all meals.
- A minimum of one day off a week and enough free time in the week to attend your language classes (approximately 10 hours per week).
- Some pocket money in return for your services (a minimum of €80 per week) and the Navigo pass (for the transport system).
- Payment of the cost of your medical cover.
You'll work for the family for an average of 5 to 6 hours per day (30 hours per week). Your work will involve:
- Child minding: games, walks, homework, bathing, meals
- Day-to-day household tasks
- 1-3 evenings of babysitting per week.
Most of our students are aged between 20 and 30 but we welcome students of any age.
You must request your visa from the Campus France institution and the French consulate in your country of origin or residence. You will need to present your pre-registration certificate confirming that you are attending French classes for 1 year and the placement agreement signed by the family.
Here is how to request your pre-registration certificate:
Send us the following documents:
- A copy of your passport
- The completed pre-registration form
> Online by clicking Pre-register on the ""Package & Prices"" board
We will examine your application when we receive the documents (time required: 1 week unless we provide an immediate response if you come in to see us in person).
If your application is accepted, we will send you the pre-registration certificate by post (you should allow between 1 and 3 weeks for this according to the country concerned).
We are open from Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM at: 7, rue Duvergier, 75019 Paris (PARIS 19th district). The nearest metro stop is the "Crimée" stop on line 7.
Monday is always a busy day and we recommend that you call in instead on:
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays or Fridays between 10 AM and 7 PM.
- We are open from Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 12.30am and from 2pm to 4.30pm at PARIS La Défense 92057 : Les Collines de l'Arche Imm. F - 4ème étage. Ligne 1 : station Grande Arche.
You can start your French classes at any time of the year:
- Each Monday for non-beginners (subject to available places)
- Approximately every two weeks for complete beginners.
You have to register at least 2 weeks before the start of the course.
The date of the next ""Beginners' Level"" French course is always shown on campuslangues.com
You must register 2 weeks before your course starts.
Monday is always a very busy day: to register on site, we recommend that you come and see us on:
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays between 10 AM and 7 PM.
1°) The Consulate has provided you with a form which you must send to the OFII (Office Français d'Immigration et d'Intégration – The French Office for Immigration and Integration). One or two months later at the latest, the OFII will send you an invitation for an appointment with a list of documents you need to supply. Following this appointment, the OFII will confirm your visa for its entire validity period with a sticker attached to your passport.
2°) One or two months before the expiry of your visa, you will need to contact the Préfecture in your area of residence to begin the renewal procedure for your visa.
There are more than 130 nationalities in the school. We welcome students from all continents and all backgrounds.
"If you are a citizen of a European Union country: you do not need a visa.
If you are a citizen of a country which is not a member of the European Union:
For a stay of less than 90 days: the visa you need is a short stay visa known as a ""Schengen visa"". Some countries do not require this visa. You can view the list here.
For a stay of more than 90 days the visa you need is a long stay visa adapted to the length and purpose of your stay.
For further information: www.diplomatie.gouv.fr
Yes, you are required to buy the Edito method. Your teacher will give you the necessary references. This can be purchased at the Registration Department.
Most of our teachers are French speakers and the few teachers whose first language is not French have demonstrated their skills through several years of teaching, displaying the same high standards in their educational methods.