Yes: if you need a visa to study in France (if your stay in France will exceed 90 days and you are not European).
In addition to your visa application, you'll need to supply a certificate of pre-enrollment to Campus France (the institution which approves you for your period of planned study) and to the French consulate (the institution which issues your visa) in your country. The CAMPUS Langues private institute will provide you with this document when you pre-enroll.

No: if you are European or if you are a tourist (your stay in France will not exceed 90 days) or if the validity date of your residence permit (your visa or your ""Student's"", Family Visit Working Holiday, Resident's or Employee's residence permit) has not expired.

You will need to pre-enroll into our 20H Students program "" GENERAL FRENCH 10H/week (5x2H) + Workshops and Activities "" (click on ""PRE-ENROLLMENT"")

More information
We will send you the pre-registration certificate by e-mail.
You could get your original pre-registration certificate by two ways:
- On site
- By requesting to retrieve the certificate and send it by private Courier (DHL...) The criteria depend on the country. It is important to well prepare the interview.


Your administrative formalities will involve the following 3 steps:


Studing in France procedure

Getting Visa

Please see the question ""How can I obtain a certificate of pre-enrollment""

Step 2: Studing in France procedure
This is a French government programme which assesses the applicant's plans to study in France and examines the application for the student visa. Create an account on their website: https://pastel.diplomatie.gouv.fr/etudesenfrance/dyn/public/authentification/login.html. 

Following this, you will be invited for an interview at Campus France to present your planned studies in France.
1.Create an account on their website here
2. Complete your application online
3. Once your application has been approved by CAMPUS FRANCE, the candidates will be required to select a date for french language test in your area.
4. Take your french language test in your area.
5. Make an appointment for the pre-consular interview with CAMPUS France.
6. Present your planned studies in France during the interview.

Step 3: Getting visa
1. You will receive a message informing that your application is approved (campus france's process has finished)
2. Create an account on TLScontac plateform in your area.
3. Sumbit visa application at TLScontact.
4. Collect your passport
5. Scan your visa on MonCampus to confirm your arrival at CAMPUS LANGUES Paris.

You will need to contact the French consulate in your country. The time required to obtain an appointment for a Schengen visa should not exceed 15 days (unless special circumstances apply, i.e. if it is the ""high season"" for example) and the time taken to issue one should not exceed 15 calendar days.

The person applying for the visa must provide the consular authorities with all necessary items of proof concerning the purpose of the envisaged stay and the related conditions (sufficient resources, accommodation which can be demonstrated by means of an accommodation certificate) and must ""supply all information making it possible to assess the applicant's willingness to leave the territory of the member states"".

The time required to obtain a Student visa varies between 1 and 2 months.

In some countries, the French consulate requires the payment of course costs (3, 6, 12 months) to obtain the visa (please see the prices below).
If this is refused, you will receive a refund of the course costs on condition that you provide us with an official document confirming that you have not obtained your visa.

You will not receive a refund for the cancellation fee of €135.
12 semaines : 915€
24 semaines : 1740€
36 semaines : 2555€

The criteria depend on the country. It is important to well prepare the interview.
- The quality of your previous studies 
- The value and coherence of your planned studies in France
- General criteria such as the likelihood of seeing the planned training / studies in France resulting in a ""professional success path"", the possbile contribution of the project to the economie and social development of the country of origin or the benefits for France and its cooperation with the country concerned.

You should contact Campus France or the consulate (please see the question on how to obtain a long stay student visa).

"If you are a citizen of a European Union country: you do not need a visa.
If you are a citizen of a country which is not a member of the European Union:

For a stay of less than 90 days: the visa you need is a short stay visa known as a ""Schengen visa"".  Some countries do not require this visa. You can view the list here.

For a stay of more than 90 days  the visa you need is a long stay visa adapted to the length and purpose of your stay.

For further information: www.diplomatie.gouv.fr