1°) The host family must first obtain a placement application form for the placement of an Au Pair student as a home help from the foreign labour office at the DIRECCTE (Regional directorate for enterprises, competition, consumption, work and employment) for their place of residence.
2°) The family should submit this application to the same DIRECCTE office, accompanied by the following documents:
- A copy of the home help student's passport, which must be valid,
- A copy of the host family's livret de famille (official family record book ) including the children,
- A placement agreement with four original copies signed by the host family and a schedule showing the hours during which the prospective Au Pair will be available to the family,
- A copy of the registration certificate for the Au Pair programme at the CAMPUS Langues private institute (10h of classes per week for 1 year),
- A copy of the student's high school/secondary school leaving certificate translated into French and certified,
- A copy of the student's CV,
- A letter in support of the application from the host family,
- A letter in support of the application from the prospective Au Pair.
3°) After the submission of the complete application, the DIRECCTE will sign the placement agreements and will send back 3 copies to the host family.
4°) The family will then send two copies of the placement agreement to the trainee, which must imperatively include the one with the following wording:
NB: In all cases this agreement is only valid if presented to the French consulate in the country of origin in order to obtain the entry visa necessary to the issuing of the residence permit.