The home help placement (Au Pair placement) provides you with an opportunity to temporarily become part of a French family and to continue your studies with the aim of improving your language skills while also boosting your general knowledge of the country through greater familiarity with France and its people.
You will need to sign a contract with the family known as a Placement Agreement which must also be signed by the Direction Départementale pour le Travail, l’Emploi et la Formation Professionnelle – Directorate for Work, Employment, and Professional Training - (original + photocopy). These formalities are carried out by the family or by the Au Pair agency
The host family will propose the following for you:
- Accommodation in a single bedroom and all meals.
- A minimum of one day off a week and enough free time in the week to attend your language classes (approximately 10 hours per week).
- Some pocket money in return for your services (a minimum of €80 per week) and the Navigo pass (for the transport system).
- Payment of the cost of your medical cover.
You'll work for the family for an average of 5 to 6 hours per day (30 hours per week). Your work will involve:
- Child minding: games, walks, homework, bathing, meals
- Day-to-day household tasks
- 1-3 evenings of babysitting per week.